CC’s main business consists of renting out equipment which our customers use in an open pool system. Our returnable transport items (RTI) therewith are CC’s core assets which continuously move in our customers supply chains. From a finance perspective these RTI’s need to be tracked and periodically reconciled both physically and financially.
As Asset controller you will be acting as a business partner to the Sales and Operations teams. Your challenge is to ensure the execution of many operational activities like the periodic stock counts at our depots, customer confirmations of RTI balances & improving the quality of the contract administration, comply to the qualitative requirements of Finance. You report directly to the CFO.
Your main tasks as an Asset Controller:
Financial control activities, particular for all fixed assets (RTI’s):
- Maintain Asset book for investments, depreciation, revaluation, depreciation, impairment, and write off;
- Reconciliation of Asset Book with Financial System (Dynamics) and Operational System (Loglink/Outsystems);
- Responsible for accounting and controlling activities, in collaboration with Finance shared services (FSC), including accuracy and completeness of all financial statements and reporting in accordance with CC accounting policies, GAAP, Statutory and Tax requirements;
- Supporting all external/statutory audit requirements, where needed. Ensure accurate and timely completion of statutory filings, external audits and other regulated mandates;
- Responsible for maintaining, coordinating, developing, and managing the budgeting, forecasting and monthly variance analysis and communicate results to EMT as well as Banks and Shareholders;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all CC policy, procedures and internal controls (control framework to mitigate risks and ensure compliance).
Asset control activities like:
- Partner with the Sales and Operations teams. Ensure operational activities like the periodic stock counts at our depots, customer confirmations of RTI balances & improving the quality of the contract administration, comply to the qualitative requirements of Finance;
- Responsible for reducing the risk of losing RTI’s;
- Creation & monitoring of a framework with controls and procedures to reconcile CC’s assets.
Business case activities like:
- Develop and ensure compliance to the agreed business case process, usage of templates & models, responsibilities;
- Perform periodic reviews of business cases after implementation;
- Develop norms for new business cases;
- Train users of business case templates.
- Play a keyrole in further automation, simplification and new system implementations and migrations;
- Participate in CC’s workgroups/projects when required.
- Business School (HEAO BE/AC, Bachelor in Business Economics) or University (Master in Business Ecomics) or an equivalent level through in-company training or international education;
- Preferably working experience as an Auditor or Financial Accountant, for example in an international environment with exposure to Asset Management/Fixed Assets;
- Experience in working with Financial Systems (ERP) and good understanding of General Ledger, Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Cashflow, Journal Entries and reconciliation with subledgers;
- Strong MS-Excel skills;
- English language skills as we work in an international team. Dutch language skills are nice to have, though not required.
In addition to a challenging position, CC also offers an excellent benefits package for the position of Asset Controller, including:
- A salary of €3000,- to €4200,- depending on knowledge and experience;
- 28 vacation days and 8% holiday allowance;
- An excellent non-contributory pension plan;
- The possibility to work hybrid (with two fixed days in the office);
- Good work/life balance and focus on personal development.